Monday, 20 May 2019

What Does 'Self Care' Mean?



'Self Care'

I hear the term mentioned amongst my friends and SNS a lot these days.

I see people taking parts in all kind of practices from yoga to natural face mask to care for themselves.

I'm all for 'Self Care'.
The clinic I'm going to start from next month is for facilitating a space for the each clients to find the unique ways to care for themselves.

So, I would like to think about the idea 'Self Care' today.
What does it exactly mean to me?


............................................


'Self Care'

It is to do a green clay face mask twice a week?
Is it to go for a spa treatment once a month?
Is it to go for a 'retail therapy' every two months to treat myself?
Is it to plan a mamas' night out every now and then?


My answer is YES and NO.


To me, 'Self Care' means paying attention to my body Every Single Day.

It's not a 'Treat' you do once every now and then.
It's not an 'Act' of buying a cloth or booking in for a yoga session.

It is to pay attention to me as much as I can.
It is an 'Act' of trying to understand my body with compassionate eyes.

The result of listening to myself may end with buying clothes or doing yoga.
But the 'Act' of buying or doing therapies don't heal me.
That's just a tiny fragment of what 'Self Care' means to me.


...........................................


I believe that you heal when you are heard by yourself.

And it's the body that you need to listen to.

We say 'Listen to your heart', don't we?

Where is your heart?
It's not in your head.
It's in your body.

Of course, the body includes our heads, too.
But we tend to listen to our brain more than other parts of the body.

................................................


As I am starting my venture, I took a short business course.
One thing that made a lot of sense to me from the study was to include my body as a part of my business plan!

Yes!
Include my body when I talk about my dream!

When we have dreams, we tend to dream with our heads.

What do I want to do?
What do I want to be?
How can I do it?
Who to ask?
Where do I want to be in 5 years time?

Is your body included into that?

'Self Care' is making your body's dream come true.

What do I want to do now?
What do I want to be today?
How can I do to make my body's wish come true?
Who can I ask for help to make my wish come true?
Where do I want to be right NOW.

Yes.
You can make your body's wish come true right NOW.

You make your body's wish come true until every cells of your body get used to the idea of 'DREAMS ALWAYS COME TRUE'.

Until to the point that all those chatters in your head be silenced.

Well, I'm not good enough...
I don't have any experience...
There are much better person than I am for this role...
I will fail...
It will be difficult...

............................................


See?

You used to think that it is tough to achieve what you want.
You used to think that you have to work hard to make your dream come true.

But your hard work can be fun.
You can work soft to achieve what you want.

It really is wonderful to live in this world, the materialistic, capitalism world once you know that there's no competition.
In truth, we have enough.
Enough for everyone's dreams to come true.

You don't have to check on competitors what they are doing because there's no competitors.
It's only you that you have to check every moments if you are well.

Have you eaten what you like for breakfast?
Are you wearing the cloth you like?
Are you going to bathroom when you want to go?
What would you like to do right now? A big stretch? Going for a short walk? Or a power nap?

You may not be able to make all your body's dreams come true.
But you listen to them at least.
And sometime, being listened to is enough.

............................

This is what 'Self Care' means to me.
Paying attentions to my body.
And it is the essential part of manifesting my dreams.




















No comments:

Post a Comment