Friday, 2 August 2019

How To Be Happy


(...this title...🙄)
Anyhow, today I'll speak about how to be happy.

There may be many ways to the peak of the 'Happiness' mountain, but my way is...

Lower the bar for things I like!✨

What I mean is this.

If I'm asked what film I like,

I used to go in my head...

Well, I like 'Cloud Atlas'..., that was amazing but maybe not so many people know it, errr, 'King's Speech' was great, too...love anything with Geoffrey Rush...hmmm...how about 'The Last Emperor'? I have the DVD, I must have liked it, at least in the past, ...emmmm, I like French films, too. Yes! French! 

Out comes from my mouth,

"I like 'Amelie'!"

..........................................

I wonder why I thought it has to be one or just a handful?

So, I lowered the bar for the films I like and began including things I used to consider 'so-so'.

Cloud Atlas
Kings Speech
The Last Emperor
Amelie
Shine
Swimming Pool
The Night Poter
Nell
Silence of Lamb
Hannibal
Wind Rises
Castle in the Sky
Malholand Drive
Monty Python and Holy Grail
Like Water for Chocolate
Paddington 2
Sex And The City 1 & 2
Thomas & Friends, Journey Beyond Sodor, The Movie

Basically, I include everything in 'Like' category except things I didn't like. 


What food do I like?

Japanese
Italian
Vietnamese
Korean
Georgian
Chinese
French
Irish
African
Moroccan
Vegetarian
Fish
Meat
Chicken
Game
High protein diet
Low carb diet
Pasta
Rice
Bread
Non dairy
Dairy
Sugar free
Sugary
Salty (I don't like 'no salt')

You name it!


What is my hobby?

Singing
Writing
Making flower mandala
Working
Painting
Drawing
Reading
Drawing
Driving
Swimming in the sea
Knitting
Sewing
Gardening
Kayaking
Net surfing
Skiing
Skating
Rollerblading
Walking
Foraging
Swimming
Cooking
Shopping
Sleeping
Doing my make up
Stroking my cat
Watching my hens
Taking shower
Blushing my theeth

I lower that bar so much so that even ants can jump over!🐜


What colour do I like? (one of the most asked questions by my son for some reason.)

All the colours in the world!🌈

............................................

And what happens is that I realize I live in the world where I am surrounded by so many things I like.

My world is over-flowing with things I like.

I look right, left, front and back.
I can't go anywhere without seeing my favorite things.

When you like so many things in your world,
When you can talk about how wonderful those things are,

You might call your state - 'Happy'.








No comments:

Post a Comment