Life is too short when you are trying everything you want to do.
But life is too long when you are making the excuses why you don't try things you want to do.
That's why I became a minimalist in my life. (Not my belongings...)
I don't socialise with people I'm not interested in personally.
I prioritize the sparks of joy and curiosity over the potential future benefits.
I don't spend too much time looking back the past, thinking "...I wish I have done/ haven't done that."
Yes, I know I'm not nice and I could be missing out.
But these things take up so much time.
And I know if I do them all, I'd use them as excuses why I can't try things I really want to do. (i.e. "I don't have time to make flower mandala today because I have to go to my client's party to get to know her contacts. It will be good for my business.")
Yes, I might meet interesting people by going to a party.
Yes, I might get business opportunities by doing freebies and promotions.
Yes, it is useful to review up to a certain point.
But I'm far too busy having fun doing what I want to do.
Writing this blog doesn't produce any money (no ads on my page) but I love doing it.
When I die, I won't be able to take money with me.
But I'll be grinning thinking about all the fun I had by writing this blog.
I don't have time for being nice to everyone and pounder for all the future potentials and the past regrets.
When things don't work out, I just say "That's too bad." and move on to next.
For the same reason, I don't have a hesitation to stop what I'm doing as soon as it doesn't nourish my soul.
I like learning about microbiota, making flower mandala, singing and facilitating workshops at the moment.
But if I lose interest in them tomorrow, I'd have no problem stopping them and do something else.
Because I know my worth is nothing to do with what I do.
What my worth?
The same as yours!
The same as everyone else on earth.
My signing teacher has been lying in bed motionless for years due to Parkinson disease but it doesn't mean she is worth nothing. Quite contrary, the fact that she is still alive gives me so much strength and hope.
My friend's daughter had a baby. Babies don't do anything useful for anybody but they are so precious and loved.
Your worth is nothing to do with what you do or what you don't.
Your worth is solid, permanent and uninfluenceable no matter what your job is, what mistakes you made in the past.
If you get up and brush your teeth, you're benefitting a tooth paste company.
If you bought yourself a cup of coffee, you're benefitting the cafe owner.
You're doing enough, no?
We all are walking benefitters, no?
If we're already enough, it's ok to do what we want to do for the rest of time, no?
I'm not nice.
I don't listen to people.
I'm a cold therapist. 😂
But my life really started when I accepted that. And strangely, I've got more friends since.
So, I like you when you are absorbed into your passions so much so that you forget to be nice to me.

No comments:
Post a Comment