Sunday, 14 April 2019

A Great Realization: The One I Managed to Remember


My son caught a tummy bug other day.
He's getting better but still fighting it off.

I'm glad that the Easter Holidays starts from tomorrow and also we haven't booked anything for the break: he's not missing out from school and we can be flexible with our holiday plans.

Last night, he woke up three times with a sore tummy in the middle of the night.

At one of the times I accompanied him to the bathroom, I thought to myself

"Hmmmm, this is bad. I will be exhausted tomorrow morning with such a broken sleep..."


Then, a thought struck my sleepy head.


What do I mean 'this is bad'?

When I say 'bad', I'm comparing.
I'm comparing tonight with other nights; the nights I experienced in the past when I slept through the night = a normal night.

If I don't compare, tonight is just a night.
Just an experience of a night that consists of accompanying a sick child to the bathroom.
It stands on its own.
Without 'good' or 'bad'.
It is just a night.

I judge things 'good' or 'bad' as comparison to my past experiences that I've decided as 'standard', 'normal' at some time in my life.

But if I don't compare, the experience exists just as it is.
Detouched from judgments.

How free is that?!

I didn't have 'a bad night'.

I just experienced the night that I was woken up every 2 hours.


I felt liberated and content with my reality.


And I forgot about the liberation until now. 😂

It happens to me sometimes that I get a great realization while I am in a half asleep, half awake place and forget all about it in the morning.

Well, this is a rare enough case that I remembered, therefore, it's worthy of writing down what I remembered.


Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment