Tuesday, 2 April 2019

The Planet of Masochists



Hello, fellow humans!

I think it's time to realize that we are from the planet of masochists.😁

Yes!
We are!

We like to beat ourselves up.

"I'm not good enough."
"I deserve such a treatment. It's my own fault."


We can be judgemental to others for something absolutely irrelevant to ourselves because we are so insecure that we need putting others down to feel better about ourselves.

"That's not normal." (=I'm normal)
"Isn't this a common sense?" (=I have common sense)


We like to pretend we are doing something important in life so that we don't have to face our true desires.

"I'm busy."
"I have to look after myself" (For what?)
"I have a family and full time job. I have to wait until I retire."


We like to blame others to make sure that we don't let ourselves try what we really want to do.

"My son (adult) still needs my help." (That's why I can't do what I want to do.)
"I'm a supporting role to my family." (Not the main character...in who's life? How about in your life?)
"My husband wouldn't agree." (???)



We like to make our lives difficult.
We like to make our lives complicated.

Because we think our lives don't worth otherwise.
We think hardship makes it more precious.
We think getting difficult tasks make it more worthy to live.

We are masochists!

...........................

It's OK to have easy life.
It's OK you just play.
There are no tasks to be completed.
.
All lives are as precious as any other lives on earth regardless of what they consist.


It's OK to wear underpants from Tesco.
You don't have to wear ethically produced bamboo knickers.
When you smile eating your favourite take away curry and chips, wearing your Tesco knickers, you shine like a Buddha in a 1000 years old temple in Kyoto.

It's OK that your recycling bins are over flowing in the kitchen.
You don't have to reduce your plastic bins to a size of a jar and go recycling centre every weekend.
When you switch on the microwave to heat up your favourite ready meal from M&S as you hum to ipod, the minus ion fills your kitchen as if doing a Shinrin-yoku in the most beautiful forrest in amazon.

It's OK you don't drink 2 L/ 8 glasses of water per day.
When you crack open a bottle of Malbec laughing to your own joke in Tesco knickers, your family and friends realize how lucky they are to be around you and say a little prayer for your wellness. 

But Not when you put on a serious face gobbling up a bottle of 9.0+PH balanced water.


So.
You. Don't. Have. To. Find. Every. Little. Reason. To. Beat. Yourself. Up.


I still do it.
I'm an experienced masochist.✨

But I'm better catching myself doing it, these days.
When I find a whip on my hand, I scratch my head and laugh at myself.

And in deep down, I know I became a masochist because I loved myself.

"I can be better than this."
"I don't want to see myself fall."

I beat myself up because I care about myself.

See?
A true masochist.













No comments:

Post a Comment