Tuesday, 4 June 2019

Speaking Truth About Ourselves



During my thirteen years of giving advice in health shops, what I found difficult was to find out what exactly people were looking for.

Not so many people hop and skip into the shop declaring 'I have flatulence!' ❤


For instance, many people came to consult, saying 'I want to loose weight.'

But I often wondered if that's really the truth.
Yes, there is a bit of truth in the statement but not the entire truth.

When someone, especially ladies, say 'I want to lose weight', it can actually mean 'I want to look well.'

'Looking well' and 'Being thin' are two different matters.

There are many people who are thin but don't look well.
So, if we pursue 'loosing weight', it doesn't get to what we really want, which is 'looking well'.

The true desire isn't expressed by saying 'I want to lose weight.'
Which means that our true desire isn't heard by ourselves.

No matter how thin we get, we would be left unsatisfied.

And beyond the desire of 'looking well' is 'being loved.'

Yes.
'I want to look well so that I can be loved.'

More simply,
I want to be loved.


.............................................................


Speaking truth can be hard.
Because our truth is often uncool and embarrassing!

We don't want to hear ourselves talking our truth sometimes.


'I'm going to stand up for myself!'
'This is not right!'
'This is how it should be done.'
'I want to be free.'

I used to say those words thinking that they were my true feelings.

But when I take a moment to listen to my gut, I found those self-righteous words were rarely the truth.

The truth can be...

'I'm hungry.' (← 50% of the case for me)
'I'm tired.'
'I feel no one cares about me.'
'I have been making myself suffer quietly.'  (shouting "I want to be free" while no one was locking me into a cage...!)

.........................................................


The truth can be far from what we create in our brain.
It is a way for the ego to protect us so that we don't have to feel what we are truly feeling deep down.
Why do we do that?
Well, our ego is afraid of what would happen if we admit that we feel no one loves us.

But here are the questions.

Is it true that on one loves me?
Why do I think that way?
Well, if that's true, is it the end of the world if no one loves me?

There are 'way outs' if we are ready to face the truth by questioning our ego.

........................................

Another way is to ask our body rather than our brain.

I suspect that our body has better idea of the truth about ourselves sometimes.

The body has longer history than our consciousness.
We had an old path to understand the truth about ourselves.

Whatever you are doing, stop for a moment.
Leave aside 'what to cook for dinner', 'I have to email her today' or 'I have to make an appointment'.

How are you?
Any pain? Any dullness? Any tension? Any contraction? Any sensation anywhere?

Maybe all you want is to go to the bathroom, not leaving your job.

























No comments:

Post a Comment