Wednesday, 24 July 2019

Going Against Norm



My business launched last month officially.

But you know what?
It really began much earlier than that.

It began the day I started to say 'NO'.
It began the day I stopped seeing people I don't get along.
It began the day I started to do what I want to do rather than what I have to do. 

You might wonder how that works? πŸ™„
Because it's said...

In the business world, the customers come first and sometimes you have to say 'Yes' to things you don't like.
For your business, sometimes you have to be friendly with people you don't get along.
In order to be successful, you might have to do things you don't like (certain ways of ads, promotions, going with trends, etc...)


Instead, I began to care for myself.
I began to accept myself as an imperfect being, on my way to learn more but also as someone who have something to share with others.
And I don't have to bend myself to fit into other people's styles.

My shape is not the same as yours.
But, like a piece of a jigsaw puzzle, there is a place only for me as you have your own place to fit.
If I tried to be you and squeeze into your space, I will never fit in.



  • Saying 'NO'.
  • Stop pretending to be a person who can get on with anybody.
  • Do what I love. 


That's my business and that's My Self Care.

It might be norm that you separate your business and private life.
But to me, I have them intertwined.
My life is my business.

When I decided to set up my business, I swore to myself that...

I will only do what I love more than three meals! (foods are important to me...)
I will make a living out of something that gives me so much joy, to the point that I even forget to eat!

So, that's what I do.
And that's why I don't do certain things.

........................................................


I'm grateful that many enquiries for my sessions are coming in these days.

Some are to request for a session in different locations.
And I have to say 'No'.


Because my session is not only for those 2 hours I am with you.

It begins from choosing fresh herbs from my garden for a cup of tea to serve you when you arrive. 🌿

I pick seasonal flowers and leaves from my garden and neighbouring forest for you to make a mandala. 🌺🌼

I select essential oils to burn in the room.
I prepare a rug, cushions and throws to make you feel comfortable.

I don't give you much advice during the session as I want to use the time fully for listening to you and being with you.
Instead, I send you an email with feed backs and advice afterwards.

And I don't know if I can offer the same degree of care when I visit somewhere to hold a session.

I care what I do.
The care for you is the care for me.

So, I'm sorry I have to say 'No' to those requests.
I know I'm in a countryside and it is less accessible than being in a city but this is the reason.

And I have the deepest gratitude for those clients who came to see me from hundreds miles away.
I am grateful to have been at your service.
I am over the moon if you could find even just a single way to make use of me and what I offered.

..............................

This is not only about business.
But it's for everyday life.

The integrity to your pulsing heart, your creative mind and your sacred spirit.

Because you deserve nothing less.




No comments:

Post a Comment