Monday, 9 March 2020

Life Expectancy


Do you calculate how many years you've left?

I do.
The avarage life expectancy of Japanese women is 87 years old.
But I've lived in Ireland for the past 20 years, so I look at the the avarage life expectancy of Irish women, too, which is 83 years old.

So, I take the middle: 85 as my life expectancy.

85 - 44 (my age) = 41

41 years is the amount of time left for me.

Yes, I'm over my half way!
I know, I may live longer than 85 but I find it is a  good practice to check a realistic amount of time I've got left and see what I want to do for that time.

If I survive more than 41 years, that'd be a bonus.
I could die earlier than that. It could be tomorrow.
..............................

I was talking to my mother today.
She is 73.
87 - 73 = 14
Just 14 years!

I usually go home to see her in Japan once in two years or so.
Which means that I've got only 7 times left to see her.
..............................

I'm not talking about being pessimistic about life.
I mean, our morality rate is 100% anyway.
Looking at the reality of time I have left helps me to wake up and make actions for the list of things I want to do for the next 41 years.

🍎What do I want to do for the next 41 years?
🍎What can I do to make them come true?
🍎Who are the important people in my life?

The answeres change every now and then.
But I write them down and see what they are and where I am in relation to where I want to be in future.

Because looking at them makes me live.
Yes.
When you start thinking about death is the time you truly begin to live.

You can check the avarage life expectancy of your nations on this site! https://www.infoplease.com/world/health-and-social-statistics/life-expectancy-countries

Have you got a pen and a notebook ready?
How long have you got?
What do you want to do the next 40, 30, 20, 10 years?
Who are the important people in your life?

Will you start 'living' today?

No comments:

Post a Comment